El Paso’s desert climate may make maintaining lawns a bit challenging, but it’s not impossible! As spring approaches, the time for yard prep is now. By laying out the groundwork now, you’re giving your yard plenty of opportunity to bloom fully just in time for summer BBQs.
If you’re looking to hire residential or commercial lawn maintenance for your El Paso properties, West Texas Property Solutions is here to help. We are committed to promoting healthy grass and plant growth that boosts the appearance of your outdoor space. Contact us online or call (915) 302-9093 to learn more about our lawn services.
The Importance of Prep Work
Lawn maintenance isn’t all about improving your home or business’ aesthetic; it’s about encouraging natural growth and taking preventative measures to combat weeds and other invasive species.
Here are some of our tips to help you prep your yard this spring:
- Tidy Up: One of the first steps to any spring cleaning task is ridding yourself of all of last season’s debris. Raking up any fallen leaves or branches not only improves your yard’s appearance right away but also prevents health hazards. Debris can attract pests such as rodents and insects and lead to mold if exposed to water.
- Lay Down Fresh Mulch: A new layer of mulch has many benefits. Just to name a few, mulch is a great weed preventative. It helps keep soil temperature regulated and maintains moisture to keep your plants or flowers from drying out. While some mulch may have a questionable scent, it’s available in a range of options to suit your needs and aesthetic such as bark, leaves, and recycled rubber.
- Annual Fertilization: While soil provides nutrients to encourage grass growth, it doesn’t have enough to support your yard all year round. Fertilization helps the soil stay healthy to promote further plant and root growth. Similarly, components in fertilization, such as nitrogen, are why lawns can look so vibrantly green.
- Plant Flowers: Planting flowers is an easy way to liven up your yard space. Some beginner-friendly flowers include pansies, sunflowers, daffodils, and snapdragons.
- Watering Routine: While water conservation rules in El Paso can make this difficult, watering before 10 am is ideal to limit the amount of water evaporating. Similarly, a water system such as a sprinkler can coat your lawn, ensuring even growth and efficiency.
- Hire Professionals: A professional lawn maintenance service with West Texas Property Solutions is designed so you can rest easy knowing your lawn is being cared for. Professionals have all the necessary tools to help with basic or extensive maintenance services. Our services include mowing, edging, weed control, fertilizing, and so much more.
Schedule Your Next Lawn Maintenance with the Professionals
Lawn maintenance in El Paso can be a big hassle, and our team at West Texas Property Solutions is ready to take on your yard like it’s our own! Contact us online or call (915) 302-9093 for high-quality services that will leave you with a yard to be proud of.